Monday, October 22, 2007

WORLD SERIES BABY!

What a sight...what a weekend. What else can one possibly say after one of the best sports weekends in Boston history. The Red Sox came back from being down 3-1 to the Indians to surge into the World Series. The series starts Wednesday, but being the semi-broke college kid that I am, I don't see myself being able to shell out $1,500 for a standing room only ticket...oh the agony. I swear that when Crisp ran down the ball in the triangle for the final out, that the entire city of Boston let out a collective yell that could be heard all the way down in New York. Then the lights dimmed from everyone turning up their tv to hear "Sweet Caroline." No lie. Unfortunately I slept through my alarm this morning after a long night of celebrating the big win, well actually it was more from a long night of studying for two midterms, but whatever.

The Pats destroyed the "Fish" down in Miami, as I predicted last week. Does anyone hear a knock on the door? I do, and I think it's 16-0 dropping in for a visit. Onto the Redskins next week and my sources say they have already forfeited the game.

Oh and last but not least, there's an NHL team in this city who's 5-2 after another huge win this weekend. I think they are called the Bruins, but I could be mistaken. Suffolk is going to have to cancel classes for each of the four parades that will take place when all four pro teams win their respective championships. But seriously if you like sports there is nothing better than being at Suffolk and right in the middle of all the action.

On another note, Friday night I went to Salem with a Suffolk friend on a commuter student trip. It was raining, cold, and ended up being pretty miserable. Salem was nothing like I thought it would be, at least it wasn't like how they show it in Hocus Pocus. At least the company was decent and they had a Wendy's, which is always clutch.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

The company was only decent? That's not very nice butttt the Wendy's was certainly the highlight.