Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Top 10 Rock Songs In My IPOD Right NOW!

So it's a new year, 2008, and school has started again, but things are slow for now so I'll do another top ten list to hold you over.

#1- Dream On-Aerosmith: If you are from Boston or anywhere in New England, and this isn't a song you like, then you are insane. A must see live song. Saw this live with the Boston Pops on the 4th of July...crazy!

#2- Stairway to Heaven-Led Zeppelin: While most real Zeppelin fans hate this song, it is still incredible, and I frankly don't care what they say.

#3- Sympathy for the Devil- Rolling Stones: Another awesome jam, and after "The Departed," if you live in Boston or walk through and don't hear this song in your head, then you are in need of serious help.

#4- Sweet Emotion-Aerosmith: This is got a memorizing intro, awesome lyrics that anyone can relate too, well maybe not everyone, and guitar that could break glass. Who hasn't blasted this song in a similar manner to the opening of the movie "Dazed and Confused"? I know I have!

#5- Rocket Queen-Guns n' Roses: Maybe it's ranked high, but Slash's guitar work is unbelievable, and the way the song unfolds in awesome. No complaints here.

#6- Sgt. Pepper-Beatles: You have to love this song, I mean really who doesn't? If Paul McCartney sang out of tune would you really walk out on him? I doubt it!

#7- Running With The Devil-Van Halen: I'm not going to lie, the intro freaks me out everytime, but hey at least I can admit it!

#8- Great White Buffalo-Ted Nugent: Not everyone is a Huge Nuge fan, but the guitar work is insane, dare I say unmatchable on this one

#9- Voodoo Child-Jimi Hendrix: It's got a little funk to it, a little rock, and a whole lotta Jimi, so what else is there to say.

#10- My Michelle- Guns n' Roses: Again, Slash's guitar makes this one a classic, and good pump up song for hockey.

1 comment:

WhitneySU said...

Two things I must comment on:

1.) Yes, that version of Dream On was amazing. By far the best live song I've ever heard in person.

and 2.) If I have to sit through one more carride of you thinking you're in Dazed & Confused while blasting Sweet Emotion, I think I will have to bail out of the moving vehicle. : )