Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Friday Friday


Another rainy day here in the city, but at least it's FRIDAY! For the first week back after break, time went by pretty fast, so no big complaints here. It's always tough to come back from break and get into the swing of things when there is only about four weeks of school left. The good news though, it's getting warmer which means the Sox are about to come home for the opener, and the NHL playoff push is more than on, we're in the home stretch of it. The B's have won two huge games against Toronto this week, bringing us even closer to an elusive playoff birth, something that has been evasive for us the last few seasons. I'd imagine that if we make the playoffs, there will be a lot of Suffolk students down at the Garden.

Switching to baseball though, it was tough to wake up at 6 AM to watch the Sox over in Japan, so thankfully they are coming back to Beantown soon. As much as I love hockey, it's always great when baseball starts up again because it means summer is right around the corner. Plus, back in high school, baseball was my sport until I got injured and had to give it up. There's not anything too much better than sitting around on a summer night and watching the Sox, or even going down to Fenway "Pak".

Now for something a little different! I went to the movies and saw 10,000 B.C. last weekend, and considering what the movie was about, I'd give it about 3 out of 5 stars. It's kind of far fetched at times, but there's some good action, so it's worth the watch. Considering that there is an awesome theater only about 5 minutes from campus, I still never get down there as much as I'd like to! Well maybe this weekend I'll check it out!

1 comment:

WhitneySU said...

"There's not anything too much better than sitting around on a summer night and watching the Sox, or even going down to Fenway "Pak"." << one of my favorite parts of the summer... you and me again this year kiddo??