Friday, March 21, 2008

Get the Puck Off Campus


So it's Friday, the last weekday of spring break, which is a sad day as break is almost over. However, no complaints from my here so far in terms of the events of the week. If you don't like hockey, then the break would seem very boring for you, but for me it's been like heaven. The first weekend was filled with hanging out with some crazy Irish hockey players, my kind of fun! I went down to Southie to watch the parade with a couple of friends. This was my first Southie parade, and I guess I would give it a solid B+. I thought it was weak at times, but it's tough to compare the St. Paddy's Day Parade to the Sox Championship extravaganza. I finished off the weekend with some more Irish festivities, so all in all not a bad start at all!

For the rest of the week I've been relaxing as much as possible, something I'm not use to or good at it! On Tuesday I had my big tilt at the Garden, and believe it or not, scored the gamewinner in regulation. Other than a few minor scrapes and bruises, I made it out of the Garden alive that day! Other than that, it has been a very calm week, filled with a lot of sleeping on the couch watching movies. I did go out and buy I Am Legend, one of my favorite movies already. Last night the B's had a game against the Habs, and unfortunatley, we lost another crucial game, so the playoff picture is starting to tighten up, which isn't a fun feeling at all. Fot the rest of the weekend I think I'm going to lay low and try to stay out of trouble. I might go watch the Hockey East Championship tomorrow night at the Garden, which is always an exciting game.

Even though I wish I could be sitting on a beach right now, soaking in the rays, I guess deep down I'd rather be in Beantown than any other place right now!

No comments: