Monday, December 17, 2007

BREAKING NEWS: NEWS FROM BREAK


Finally it is here. After much anticipation the highly awaited event of first semester is here, WINTER BREAK! Following the epic struggles of finals will be much needed rest.....well actually there will be more working than resting, but what are you going to do. Unfortunately, our back to back snow/ice storms has prevented grades from being posted, so anxiety continues to grow. If I don't get any grades back by this afternoon, there may be some serious issues. But there's much to update on, so I'll begin.

About a week ago I had a birthday, and personally, I feel as if I look quite good for 57. Anyone who believes that has no business being in college! I turned 20, and everyone said, "you'll be sad because you're no longer a teenager". Let me tell you, people who say that are insane. Why you would want to stay a teenager is beyond me, but I'm not here to judge, so I won't. I couldn't even enjoy the day though, as I was studying for two HUGE finals. For those of you feeling bad for me at this point though, don't because I made up for it the rest of the week. Lesson for life, when people mistake you as a professional hockey player, just roll with it, as you shouldn't be in the business of killing people's dreams.

Now time for the newest segment on the show. Here's Fitz's view from the couch on all things sports related in Boston.

Today I'm going to start off with an organization very close to my heart, and also my wallet as they provide me with a check for my rent every two weeks. No folks I am not talking about the Sox, or the Celts, or that goofy Revolution soccer team, I'm talking about the scorching hot Boston Bruins. For all you cynics out there who doubted the front office, it's time you put your foot in your mouth. Not only will we make the playoffs this year, but we are the third best team in the NHL, and that's without Bergeron back. Regardless though, hockey is back folks, so jump on the bandwagon.

There's also the matter of the Pats going 16-0. If you recall, I projected that this very scenario would happen back in early October. After squeaking by the Jets yesterday, we moved up to 14-0 with two paltry opponents left in the regular season. Take that "Spygate" believers!

The Celts are another Boston team that looks like they may never lose again, and every home game I've gone to, they are 12-0. I think I'm going to take credit for their success so far, and I don't really care what you naysayers think about it!

Well, I'm out of breath now, so that's going to wrap up the show today. Nothing else is really going on, Suffolk is dead right now as everyone is home for the holidays, except me. Keep it tuned here for more sometime in the future.

No comments: